YOUR HELP is NEEDED
Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission offers a variety of volunteer opportunities that meet wide ranging needs of both the agency and the volunteer.
Throughout the year, volunteers are needed for a variety of important and worthwhile efforts. Here are just some of those opportunities:
- helping in a Head Start center (bus monitor, organizing center events, leading a parent activity, supervising children in the classroom or on field trips, helping in a classroom)
- providing client services in one of eight Neighborhood Centers
- mentoring our training participants as they learn job skills
- serving on the board of directors, an advisory council or project committee (there are many!)
- teaching a class (budgeting, home ownership preparation, nutrition, energy conservation techniques are some recent examples)
- reading books to Head Start children
- working on a crew weatherizing homes
- assisting with programming at one of three Senior Centers
- helping organize special projects and events.
NKCAC also hosts a variety of group projects clubs or business associations throughout the year, providing rewarding team building opportunities while helping the community. Potential projects are varied, but some of the most common include:
- painting and repairing Head Start and Neighborhood Centers throughout the 8 county region
- building playgrounds
- conducting food drives
- organizing a Christmas, Thanksgiving or Back-to-School donation drive
- participating in neighborhood clean-up and repair projects.
- organizing a food drive
If you want to volunteer call 859 581-6607 or email us to discuss the opportunity that is right for you!
ENVISION a THRIVING REGION
with self-reliant, capable, and
supported people and families