ASSISTING the HEALTH CARE NEEDS of OUR COMMUNITY
NKCAC has trained staff to assist consumers in enrolling for affordable health care coverage through two different sites. Health Benefit Assisters help those who qualify for Medicaid Expansion coverage to enroll on the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange, Benefind. Benefind provides individuals and families with easy, one-stop shopping to find the healthcare coverage you need.
Health Benefit Assisters also help Kentuckians navigate and purchase healthcare plans through the Federal Healthcare Marketplace during Open Enrollment each year. During its first year, the program assisted over 500,000 uninsured Kentuckians get covered by private insurance plans or Medicaid and the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP) on the Kentucky Marketplace known then as kynect.
NKCAC’s Health Benefit Assisters help people in Boone, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Owen, and Pendleton counties navigate the healthcare options that are available to them, whether private insurance on the Federal Marketplace is the best option or if they qualify for coverage under the Medicaid expansion. Health Benefit Assisters are here year-round to help navigate the system and answer questions you might have.
NKCAC Healthcare Enrollment Services:
- conduct public education activities to raise awareness of health plans available through Healthcare Enrollment Services
- distribute fair and impartial information about the available health plans
- facilitate enrollment in health plans
- provide referrals to any applicable offices in the event of complaints and appeals.
Medicaid Enrollment is year-round! Private insurance enrollment is available during the open enrollment period set each year by the Federal Government. However, enrollment is also possible when a life change occurs (marriage, divorce, birth, death, or job loss).
Finding the right plan can be a difficult process. Schedule a private appointment with an Health Benefit Assister in your county to discuss your options.
- Boone County – 859.586.9250
- Campbell County – 859.431.4177
- Gallatin County – 859.567.4660
- Grant County – 859.824.4768
- Kenton County – 859.291.8607
- Owen County – 502.484.2116
- Pendelton County – 859.654.4054
Call NKCAC at (859) 581-6607 or 1-800-783-6607.
ENVISION a THRIVING REGION
with self-reliant, capable, and
supported people and families