PROVIDING EARLY EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES for LOW-INCOME FAMILIES
Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission added Early Head Start Services in 2015, in partnership with several Child Care Providers in the region. Early Head Start serves low-income children and those with disabilities from six weeks to 3 years of age. Apply online.
Application in Spanish.
The research tells us that brain development is at is most active during these early years, so it makes sense to help children begin to learn as early as possible. Through Early Head Start services, children and their parents benefit from early screening that includes health, dental, vision, and social/emotional. Children learn in a high quality center based setting. Teachers and Family Advocates work with parents to help them access needed services. Staff provide parents with the education and tools they need to help their child learn, grow and develop.
Early Head Start Services are provided at these NKCAC locations:
Or through our Early Head Start Child Care Partners:
- Brighton Center – Scholar House and Bright Days
- Chapman Early Childhood Center
- Children Inc. – MELA, Florence Learning Center
If you would like to consider supporting our Head Start programs consider donating any of the following:
- Art Supplies
- Portable “smart” TVs on stands for moving between Head Start Classrooms
- Educational computer games for preschool age children
- Gift certificates to hair salons for haircuts for back to school (for kids) or pre-interview (for adults)
- Tickets for family-friendly cultural destinations (Cincinnati Zoo, Children’s Museum, Stage performances, Ballet, etc.)
- Books, educational toys, gross motor toys for our Head Start centers, and books for the children to take home, too.
- Tickets for family friendly cultural destinations (Cincinnati Zoo, Children’s Museum, Stage performances, Ballet, etc.)
Books, educational toys, gross motor toys for our Head Start centers, and books for the children to take home, too.
ENVISION a THRIVING REGION
with self-reliant, capable, and
supported people and families