We partner with individuals or families who want help navigating the maze of services that are available to promote self-reliance and problem-solving skills. Our trained Goal-Coaches work alongside families in identification of their strengths; development personal and family goals; and creation of a plan. Then, with the support of the Goal-Coach, the family follows the plan towards their personal goals.
Goal-Coaches help families describe and prioritize their dreams, intentions, and desires.
Included in this process is:
- looking at your current strengths and challenges
- determining what outcomes you, and your family, want
- help with schedules of your short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals
- designing clear goals with manageable steps towards each goal
- helping with accountability and meeting your deadlines
- providing you the life tools that will result in your successfully reaching your goals
- challenging and modifying behaviors and thought processes that are destructive or counter productive
- helping overcome obstacles to take action toward achieving goals
Are you interested in working toward one of these goals:
- Obtaining your GED?
- Achieving a certification or college degree?
- Developing a budget or savings plan?
- Opening and managing a checking account?
- Securing stable housing?
- Obtaining employment?
- Purchasing a home?
Then NKCAC’s Goal-Coaches can help.
More information is available by contacting the Neighborhood Center in your community.